Secrets to Selling Through E-mail Using Stories
Why Should You Listen?
I can’t wait to share an email copywriter’s secrets to how you can sell through your emails using stories. Brenna McGowan an Email Copywriter and Content Strategist dropped some massive knowledge to help you “get the confetti out of your head and the party onto paper…”
Topics We Explored:
Why storytelling is important in email marketing
Email storytelling tips and examples
How to master the art of storytelling in your emails
Subject lines to get your emails opened
What stories to tell as a part of your email content strategy
How to craft an email using segues that seamlessly ties the story and the sale
Email marketing best practices
How to send emails that connect even if you aren’t good at writing
How to send emails that make people say, “It’s like you’re in my mind.”
Giving up the goods...
How many times have you gotten an email that was so irritating you immediately unsubscribed?
I think I lost count at 2 million!
It can make you cringe just thinking about figuring out what value, motivation, or exciting thing you can provide to your readers. So, they’ll see you as and someone they’re looking forward to receiving emails from versus someone on the verge of an unsubscribe.
Don’t think that because writing emails to your audience can be dreadful that it’s not important.
Another report says $44 per $1, so we’re going in the right direction!
The same article says email users are expected to grow to 4.3 billion people by 2023.
That’s half of the world’s population!
So, if you’re like me you’d want to know some storytelling techniques to get more sales. Right? We gotcha covered…because email land is crazy! (Laughing not laughing ;-))
Winning email storytelling techniques:
- What’s the purpose of the email? What are you trying to convey?
- Forward/Backward Method – What are the objections, pain points, what myth can you prove wrong?
- What’s a core feeling or emotion?
- Tie in your life events
- Use segues not to sound salesy
- Remember, you don’t have to be perfect, just relatable.
Email marketing best practices:
- Write your emails like you were writing to a good friend.
- Act like you’re going on a date with someone you want to marry.
- Don’t be stuffy and overly traditional; keep it casual. Think of it more like you are going to hang out with some friends for a cookout versus a formal black-tie gala.
- Avoid thinking of your audience like a money tree. Focus more on how you can relate and bring them value.
- Be confident that your unique voice will resonate with them.
Where can I learn more about Brenna McGowan?
Resources and Links
Want more entrepreneurial, mindset, and productivity strategies? Connect with me!
Interested in helpful freebies? Check out our Free Resource Library!
• Save time on Instagram and Pinterest schedule your posts and pins with Tailwind!
• Love the design check out Canva current offer is buy 1 get 4 Canva Pro
• For visually beautiful unlimited email for LIFE at 50% off, check out Flodesk
I love bringing you value. Unfortunately, value alone doesn’t work at the bank. Therefore, I may receive a small amount of compensation at no cost to you when you purchase through an affiliate link, which I’ll totally blow on art supplies! 😉